Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stragglers, continued

After getting a phone interview for a faculty job that really had very little connection to me, I figured it was good practice. The phone interview went okay, but I had no research connection to the jobs so of course I'm not a good candidate.

In answer to one question, I gave an honest question instead of fluffing up my experience to meet the question, one of the interviewers did that for me, and I went with it and elaborated. So I guess they liked me because I have a fly out. In mid-June or July. School starts right after Labor Day. Are they insane?

I'm going because they're not so far from my postdoc and I can use the trip to look for housing, I guess. There's no way that they want to hire me.

2 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

If they do want to hire you, you can always ask for a deferment to do your post doc for a year.

Good luck, I hope the interview is a positive experience.

JZ said...

I don't think they would accept a deferment: they asked a few times whether I was free in September. They know they're starting late, but it sounds like they just really need someone to teach their upcoming classes.