Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Blog Logs

I flip through the logs for this blog about monthly, and am always amused at what brings people here, especially the ones which tell stories like:

* leaving academia women regrets: Did finding my blog help or hurt the case for academia?
* Not heard from people who phone interviewed me for postdoc
* I failed as a postdoc: I'm sorry that you feel that you failed as a postdoc. You probably didn't. Just take a vacation and see if you get a better perspective.
* i have gotten no postdoctoral offers yet (for which I'm the #1 listing)
* "I want to be responsible" "postdoctoral": From Korean Google!

People seeking skills:
* working efficiently
* "critiquing papers"

People seeking me:
* blog of a new postdoc: Someone looked for me!
* An Israeli academic blog ("Life at the beginning of the academic ladder") put me as their top link.

People seeking entirely different things:
* "my fetish": Ha!
* employment humanities academia
* albatross research
* hot post doc: I'm third in the search results, and was talking about the weather.
* dating views in different cultures: I talk about the cultural divide between sciences and humanities. Probably not what they meant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well perhaps i should clarify...

segel zutar (the name of the israeli blog) = junior faculty. and yes, i talk about life at the very bottom (if only it _were_ the beginning...) of the academic ladder. where young phds rank somewhere between toilet paper and paper clips. and... i am going for a postdoc next year. to the US (gulp).
anyway, you are indeed on my blog roll and i read your blog (as do some of my readers. actually one of them recommended you and i got hooked ;0) )

i cannot control the link order - the blog template does that and they are alphabetical and English comes before Hebrew (sort of ladies first i suppose...). but you are a beloved blog anyway, so i hope that makes up for it.

i hope lots of readers get to you through my blog.
keep writing!
segel zutar/junior faculty