Sunday, January 20, 2008

Moving and organization: the collection agency and the postdoc

Having been in one place for several years, compared with my yearly moving during and after college with an address more than one address per year, I forgot how complicated moving could be.

Consequences of moving come even into January: I just got a letter from a collection agency dated January 2 demanding payment of $36.87. Due to the confluence of some fairly boring circumstances (e.g., travel + not having a good system to keep track of bills + my bank being closed down by the government), I hadn't realized that I hadn't paid to pay my final phone bill. In cases of doubt, I err on the side of overpaying, but since it was my final bill I hadn't done that.

I hope that I don't have to move many more times.

No comments: